Basking in Perplexity

Saturday 20 February 2010



February has been a busy month, I've been preoccupied by various projects (of which I am yet to show you), along with the prospect and mental event of turning 20. Now to start revealing what the hell I've been doing this month:

I always mean to do extra projects, but always get struck down by my unintentionally lethargic approach to work, and run out of time. But not this time.



Dazed & Confused magazine had an Illustration project/competition which ended earlier this month. They wanted people to illustrate one of a chosen 10 covers from the last decade in their own way.

So I did an illustration based on this September 2002 cover, featuring Maggie Rizer:



The winner will be commissioned to do a piece of work for a later issue of Dazed, which sounds pretty awesome. You can see my entry page here.


Test can be enjoyable:


'Eye Test Delight' [Inks, Acrylics, Pencil & Gouache on HeavyWeight Paper]

It naturally took me far too long to figure out how I was going to do the Dazed cover, in the end I chose lady 3.

Next Time on the BTBS: Animation Returns!


No comments:

Post a Comment