Epic Mickey

Saturday 23 January 2010


Over the holiday we had an optional photography brief/competition, we had to photograph ourselves in the style of our hero!

I chose one of my favourite characters, Mickey Mouse.
The photoshoot involved hitting the Brick Lane scene donning my best MM gear.
I think I may have slightly altered a few people's view of the happy rodent forever...

I was originally gonna do this shoot in the Disney Store on Oxford Street, but they wouldn't let me, for the life of me I can't figure out why.







The Final Image:



This creepy rendition of Mickey Mouse got nominated for 4 out the 5 categories,
including most humorous, most technical & overall winner,
but unfortunately won none of them, so close yet so far.

... sigh, one day.

But on the plus side my comrade Jamie won,
and got the prize of a brand spanking new camera!
I'm sure the picture shall be up on his blog any day soon.

Oh, and to close, for the hell of it, a sneak peek at an illustration I'm currently working on:




No comments:

Post a Comment