Bug Rolls

Friday 11 December 2009



Today (well if you wanna get all technical on me, yesterday... sheesh), was the last day of term, and what can I say, it's been great, yet typically I've basically shown you none of the work I've done. Right now I'm playing catchup, and as you've probably worked out that's a regular occurrence here!

So yeah, a month ago we had a group animation project, we had to create a 10 second animation based on a pet peeve. So we went with my friend Caspar's obscure hatred of toilet paper hanging the wrong way in bathrooms.

Enjoy 10 seconds of pure toilet critter madness:



Despite it being at 20 frames per second the animation didn't take as long as I thought it would, well it didn't seem to, time flew right by. The sounds a teeny tiny bit off, as we recorded it the day before we filmed it, and didn't really get a chance to refer to it whilst we animated. Ah well, I still think it works pretty damn well. Take note of Caspar's "plop" sound at the end... I still can't figure out how he does it!

Now a couple of things:


I fear I may have gone a little over the top with the storyboard...



Naturally I found myself illustrating quite a bit for this animation.

This was the first time I'd ever done collage stop-motion, and I loved it! Hope to do some experimenting with that in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment